Its been a busy start to September at Nightingale Middle School! The D3 Lab was thrilled to meet the families that came by the lab last Thursday night during Open House. Friday, Mr. Cugley’s sixth graders visited the lab and explored campus issues through a series of sketching exercises. For the past few days, students have been preparing for Psyched to Bike by creating posters and flyers. Yesterday, Nightingale teachers participated in a professional development workshop on Design Thinking and the D3 Methodology, and this afternoon, the Helping Hands made their second visit to the Sycamore Nursing Home. Both the students and residents enjoyed reading storybooks and chatting together. Above, the 8th grade conflict resolution team designs individualized peace-themed display lockers for the school’s front entrance.
You are here: Home » Nightingale Conflict Resolution Team Uses School’s Entrance Space to Share Themselves and Their Mission
September 10, 2012 | 0 Comments
Nightingale Conflict Resolution Team Uses School’s Entrance Space to Share Themselves and Their Mission
Author:thed3labThe D3 Lab is a collaboration between the Pearson Foundation's New Learning Institute, COMMONstudio design consultancy, and Nightingale Middle School in Los Angeles. It is one part idea lab, one part design and production facility, and one part "do tank." It is a place where students come to nurture and cultivate ideas, tackle big and small problems, and take action.
- RT @markrounds5: @jackiegerstein Really going for it with the full Design Thinking Methodology used by @TheD3Lab https://t.co/6r4YdzYugS 1 year ago
- Final Workshop at C:/dags wp.me/p20hHa-zL 3 years ago
- Looking forward to attending InnovatED.LA on April 26th and being around inspiring edinnovators @innovatedla 3 years ago
- @ProjectZeroHGSE Thank you for taking interest in our #DTK12 work. Other great ISE videos edut.to/15eDaYK @edutopia @horsefield2 3 years ago
- Last week at C:dags, we had the pleasure of facilitating an exciting design workshop for a group of… wp.me/s20hHa-2202 3 years ago