This week, we had a chance to stop by Mr. Gomez’s Design class. Students were working in groups to respond to design challenges that were delivered to them via Skype from Grad students at the University of Illinois. Topics ranged from mapping out places in their communities, to making stop motion animations about their daily lives. C:DAGS students will also have a chance to challenge their new friends from the Midwest with their own challenges. The goal is that the Grad students (who are teachers in training) get a better idea about the perspectives of urban youth, and C:DAGS students have an opportunity to meet new mentors. Projects are currently under development and we can’t wait to see how they turn out!
You are here: Home » Missions from the Midwest
Author:thed3labThe D3 Lab is a collaboration between the Pearson Foundation's New Learning Institute, COMMONstudio design consultancy, and Nightingale Middle School in Los Angeles. It is one part idea lab, one part design and production facility, and one part "do tank." It is a place where students come to nurture and cultivate ideas, tackle big and small problems, and take action.
- RT @markrounds5: @jackiegerstein Really going for it with the full Design Thinking Methodology used by @TheD3Lab https://t.co/6r4YdzYugS 1 year ago
- Final Workshop at C:/dags wp.me/p20hHa-zL 3 years ago
- Looking forward to attending InnovatED.LA on April 26th and being around inspiring edinnovators @innovatedla 3 years ago
- @ProjectZeroHGSE Thank you for taking interest in our #DTK12 work. Other great ISE videos edut.to/15eDaYK @edutopia @horsefield2 3 years ago
- Last week at C:dags, we had the pleasure of facilitating an exciting design workshop for a group of… wp.me/s20hHa-2202 3 years ago