A team of dedicated Nighthawks is currently producing a music video to motivate the Nightingale community for the upcoming California State Tests! In October, students in Mrs. Jones’ seventh grade choir were given the challenge of creating a CST video for the school. Seventh graders Victoria, Yami,and Nicole stepped up as directors to lead the project. Using D3 methodology, they began by getting input on scene and music preferences from their peers. With the information gathered, they began storyboarding a short music video, and after several stages of revisions, a screenplay was born. The directors are now leading student crews in set design, props, and recording. Currently, props and set designs are almost complete, and casting auditions are scheduled to begin in early February. Filming will take place around the Nightingale campus. More updates to come as the video is shot!
You are here: Home » CST Video in Production at Nightingale Middle School
January 29, 2013 | 0 Comments
Author:thed3labThe D3 Lab is a collaboration between the Pearson Foundation's New Learning Institute, COMMONstudio design consultancy, and Nightingale Middle School in Los Angeles. It is one part idea lab, one part design and production facility, and one part "do tank." It is a place where students come to nurture and cultivate ideas, tackle big and small problems, and take action.
- RT @markrounds5: @jackiegerstein Really going for it with the full Design Thinking Methodology used by @TheD3Lab https://t.co/6r4YdzYugS 1 year ago
- Final Workshop at C:/dags wp.me/p20hHa-zL 3 years ago
- Looking forward to attending InnovatED.LA on April 26th and being around inspiring edinnovators @innovatedla 3 years ago
- @ProjectZeroHGSE Thank you for taking interest in our #DTK12 work. Other great ISE videos edut.to/15eDaYK @edutopia @horsefield2 3 years ago
- Last week at C:dags, we had the pleasure of facilitating an exciting design workshop for a group of… wp.me/s20hHa-2202 3 years ago