This week is spirit week at C:/dags and is marked by an outpouring of energy, color, and life. Many on campus went the extra mile to show school spirit, including Ms. Se and Ms. Owens, who dressed as twin bananas. On a more serious note, we had an opportunity to stop in on an after-school extension of a C:/dags Physics class as students worked on their submissions for the 19th annual popsicle stick bridge competition, sponsored by the American Society of Civil Engineers. Students had to create an original design The final projects will be tested in a public event at Union Square in downtown LA. We offered feedback on projects in progress, and wish them luck in the challenge!
You are here: Home » Bridges and Bananas
February 12, 2013 | 0 Comments
Author:thed3labThe D3 Lab is a collaboration between the Pearson Foundation's New Learning Institute, COMMONstudio design consultancy, and Nightingale Middle School in Los Angeles. It is one part idea lab, one part design and production facility, and one part "do tank." It is a place where students come to nurture and cultivate ideas, tackle big and small problems, and take action.
- RT @markrounds5: @jackiegerstein Really going for it with the full Design Thinking Methodology used by @TheD3Lab https://t.co/6r4YdzYugS 1 year ago
- Final Workshop at C:/dags wp.me/p20hHa-zL 3 years ago
- Looking forward to attending InnovatED.LA on April 26th and being around inspiring edinnovators @innovatedla 3 years ago
- @ProjectZeroHGSE Thank you for taking interest in our #DTK12 work. Other great ISE videos edut.to/15eDaYK @edutopia @horsefield2 3 years ago
- Last week at C:dags, we had the pleasure of facilitating an exciting design workshop for a group of… wp.me/s20hHa-2202 3 years ago