This week at Nightingale, the Young Advice Crew shared their completed hallway hieroglyph with the school community. Their challenge was to create a hieroglyph to represent their peer mediation group and what it has to offer to NMS students. They began by brainstorming concepts that represent the group and then turned these into images. After several drafts and revisions, the team decided on one combination of images that best represents them. The image above depicts an ear to represent listening to other students as well as a compass and two directions to show that the crew will help guide those students in the right direction. After the hieroglyph was completed, the Young Advice Crew made classroom visits to market their services to other students. It can now be viewed in the main display case at the entrance of Nightingale.
You are here: Home » Young Advice Crew Creates First Hallway Hieroglyph at Nightingale
February 28, 2013 | 0 Comments
Author:thed3labThe D3 Lab is a collaboration between the Pearson Foundation's New Learning Institute, COMMONstudio design consultancy, and Nightingale Middle School in Los Angeles. It is one part idea lab, one part design and production facility, and one part "do tank." It is a place where students come to nurture and cultivate ideas, tackle big and small problems, and take action.
- RT @markrounds5: @jackiegerstein Really going for it with the full Design Thinking Methodology used by @TheD3Lab https://t.co/6r4YdzYugS 1 year ago
- Final Workshop at C:/dags wp.me/p20hHa-zL 2 years ago
- Looking forward to attending InnovatED.LA on April 26th and being around inspiring edinnovators @innovatedla 2 years ago
- @ProjectZeroHGSE Thank you for taking interest in our #DTK12 work. Other great ISE videos edut.to/15eDaYK @edutopia @horsefield2 2 years ago
- Last week at C:dags, we had the pleasure of facilitating an exciting design workshop for a group of… wp.me/s20hHa-2202 3 years ago