This week, D3 facilitators led teachers through a PD workshop that was focused on developing the gaming culture of C:/dags. The challenge was to create personalized “Avatars” as a means of developing identity and self directed learning opportunities. Teachers will bring this project to their advisory classrooms and walk their students through a similar D3 process. The final Avatars will be displayed in the advisory classrooms and will provide a physical context for student badges based on academic and social achievements. We’re looking forward to seeing this Project of the Month implemented by C:/dags teachers!
You are here: Home » C:/dags Project of the Month: Avatar
March 7, 2013 | 0 Comments
Author:thed3labThe D3 Lab is a collaboration between the Pearson Foundation's New Learning Institute, COMMONstudio design consultancy, and Nightingale Middle School in Los Angeles. It is one part idea lab, one part design and production facility, and one part "do tank." It is a place where students come to nurture and cultivate ideas, tackle big and small problems, and take action.
- RT @markrounds5: @jackiegerstein Really going for it with the full Design Thinking Methodology used by @TheD3Lab https://t.co/6r4YdzYugS 1 year ago
- Final Workshop at C:/dags wp.me/p20hHa-zL 3 years ago
- Looking forward to attending InnovatED.LA on April 26th and being around inspiring edinnovators @innovatedla 3 years ago
- @ProjectZeroHGSE Thank you for taking interest in our #DTK12 work. Other great ISE videos edut.to/15eDaYK @edutopia @horsefield2 3 years ago
- Last week at C:dags, we had the pleasure of facilitating an exciting design workshop for a group of… wp.me/s20hHa-2202 3 years ago