This video was designed by Mrs. Jones’ 3rd period choir class to inspire the Nightingale student body to rock the CST’s! After seeing some CST videos created by other schools on the web, Mrs. Jones’ class wanted to make a Nightingale version. They quickly began brainstorming ideas for fun scenes and motivating music and messages. Three students stepped up and began organizing these ideas into a screen play and the project took off! They were eighth graders Victoria and Nikky and seventh grader Yami. After scouting then managing design and set crews, they held auditions. They then managed rehearsals and filmed each scene themselves before using iMovie to put them all together. Finally, they collaborated with main actors Ruben and Angel to match their musical visions to the footage. The crowd went wild seeing their very own Nightingale CST video when this was shown last week during the Rock the CST’s Assembly! Job well done!
You are here: Home » Students Complete Music Video to Motivate Their Peers for CST Testing
May 1, 2013 | 0 Comments
Author:thed3labThe D3 Lab is a collaboration between the Pearson Foundation's New Learning Institute, COMMONstudio design consultancy, and Nightingale Middle School in Los Angeles. It is one part idea lab, one part design and production facility, and one part "do tank." It is a place where students come to nurture and cultivate ideas, tackle big and small problems, and take action.
- RT @markrounds5: @jackiegerstein Really going for it with the full Design Thinking Methodology used by @TheD3Lab https://t.co/6r4YdzYugS 1 year ago
- Final Workshop at C:/dags wp.me/p20hHa-zL 2 years ago
- Looking forward to attending InnovatED.LA on April 26th and being around inspiring edinnovators @innovatedla 2 years ago
- @ProjectZeroHGSE Thank you for taking interest in our #DTK12 work. Other great ISE videos edut.to/15eDaYK @edutopia @horsefield2 2 years ago
- Last week at C:dags, we had the pleasure of facilitating an exciting design workshop for a group of… wp.me/s20hHa-2202 3 years ago