Today at C:/dags, English teacher Mr. Miller stopped in for a planning session. The goal was to take an existing structure of his debate preparation unit, and make it more legible and engaging to students using the D3 process. The various activities and benchmarks for the debate process (from identifying a debate topic, to analyzing claims and couter-claims) were graphically visualized and plotted out along the circular D3 process. Mr. Miller is currently working on filling in the newly designed handout with expectations and concrete examples. The project will be implemented in his class in the coming weeks.
You are here: Home » D3 and Debate
Author:thed3labThe D3 Lab is a collaboration between the Pearson Foundation's New Learning Institute, COMMONstudio design consultancy, and Nightingale Middle School in Los Angeles. It is one part idea lab, one part design and production facility, and one part "do tank." It is a place where students come to nurture and cultivate ideas, tackle big and small problems, and take action.
- RT @markrounds5: @jackiegerstein Really going for it with the full Design Thinking Methodology used by @TheD3Lab https://t.co/6r4YdzYugS 1 year ago
- Final Workshop at C:/dags wp.me/p20hHa-zL 2 years ago
- Looking forward to attending InnovatED.LA on April 26th and being around inspiring edinnovators @innovatedla 3 years ago
- @ProjectZeroHGSE Thank you for taking interest in our #DTK12 work. Other great ISE videos edut.to/15eDaYK @edutopia @horsefield2 3 years ago
- Last week at C:dags, we had the pleasure of facilitating an exciting design workshop for a group of… wp.me/s20hHa-2202 3 years ago